TRIVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last Updated: October 16, 2017
Welcome to Trive and our Terms of Service (“Terms”). These Terms are important and affect your legal rights, so please read them carefully. Note that Section 14 of these Terms contains a mandatory arbitration provision that requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis and limits the remedies available to you in the event of certain disputes.
By accessing or using the websites, mobile applications, tokens and wallets (collectively, the “Sites”) or Services provided by Trive that link to these Terms, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all of the terms incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use the Sites or Services.
The services provided by Trive (the, “Services”) help you ascertain the truth of a particular situation using a Nash Equilibrium Global Consensus engine that researches and clarifies Truth through Human Swarmed crowd wisdom using blockchain based rewards and verification mechanisms. These Terms govern your access and use of the Sites, and your use of such Services. Note that the Sites and Services are not a guarantee against identity theft or online identity fraud, and are not a substitute for online security software.
These Terms do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with us in respect of any products, services or otherwise. If you are using the Sites or Services on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity’s behalf and that such entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or such entity violates these Terms.
Trive reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by providing notice through the Sites or updating the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Sites or Services, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference. We encourage you to review the Terms frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Sites or Services. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, you may not access or use the Sites or Services.
Nature of Beta. Trive may offer additions to our Sites and Services as part of a beta test phase. All or portions of the Sites and Services included in this test phase may not function correctly, or may contain errors. Trive is not obligated to correct, nor is it responsible for, errors or the effects of such errors while the beta test phases of these Sites and Services are active. Further, you acknowledge that Trive has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available any particular features of the beta Sites and Services in the future. Should these Sites and Services launch publicly after the beta phase, it may have features or functionality that are different than those found in the beta version licensed herein.
- Registration, Account and Communication Preferences
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Sites and Services, you will need to register for a Trive account. By creating an account, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete account information about yourself as necessary, (b) maintain and promptly update from time to time as necessary your account information, (c) maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to your account and the information you provide to us, and (d) immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Sites, Services, or your account.
By creating a Trive account, you also consent to receive electronic communications from Trive (e.g., via email or by posting notices to the Sites or Services). These communications may include notices about your account (e.g., password changes and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing.
- Payment Obligations
A subscription may be necessary for you to access certain parts of a Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you accept the responsibility to pay these subscription costs as indicated during your enrollment with Trive or based on future requests made through the Services. Payment must be made by you or on behalf of you via any accepted cryptocurrency or a valid credit or debit card. By providing payment information to Trive, you represent that you are authorized to make transactions using that payment method, and you authorize Trive to make necessary charges against that payment method - automatic, recurring, or individual - as part of providing the Services. You may cancel payment by downgrading or stopping services through your member settings. You further acknowledge that you are responsible for any applicable state, federal, or other taxes as well as any fees associated with your subscription to Services unless otherwise noted.
- License to Access and Use Our Sites, Services, and Content
Trive does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on https://trive.news.com. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the publicly available Trive Service, you irrevocably grant Trive the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers of sublicensees, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content, in whole or in part, on the Trive Service or other publications by Trive in any media whether now existing or which come into the existence into the future. And for Content you submit for private discussions, you grant Trive the worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the associated private discussion group.
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicensable license to access and use the Sites, Services, and Content. However, such license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or use commercially the Sites, Services, or Content, (b) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Sites, Services, or Content, or any portion thereof, (c) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods, (d) use the Sites, Services, or Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of the Sites, Services, or Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including, without limitation, copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated by us, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any right or license to any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of Trive or any third party, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, the Sites and Content may include software components provided by Trive or a third party that are subject to separate license terms, in which case those license terms will govern such software components.
“Trive,” the Trive logo and any other Trive product or service names, logos or slogans that may appear on the Sites or Services are trademarks of Trive and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. You may not use any metatags or other “hidden text” utilizing “Trive” or any other name, trademark or Product or service name of Trive without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Sites and Services, including, without limitation, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, constitute the service mark, trademark or trade dress of Trive and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Sites or Services are the property of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the permission of the applicable trademark holder. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Trive.
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right to create a text hyperlink to the Sites for noncommercial purposes, provided that such link does not portray Trive or any of our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner, and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use a Trive logo or other proprietary graphic of Trive to link to the Sites without our express written permission. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Trive trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found on the Sites or services, the content of any text or the layout or design of any page, or form contained on a page, on the Sites without our express written consent.
The Trive Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Trive has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Trive is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Trive shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- Third Party Content
We may display content from third parties through the Sites and Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We do not control, endorse or adopt any Third-Party Content, and we make no representations or warranties of any kind regarding such Third-Party Content, including, without limitation, regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that your interactions with third parties providing Third Party Content are solely between you and such third parties, and that Trive is not responsible or liable in any manner for such interactions or Third-Party Content.
- User Conduct
You agree that you will not violate any law, contract, intellectual property or other third party right or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct, while accessing or using the Sites or Services. You agree that you will abide by these Terms and will not:
- Provide false or misleading information to Trive;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from such user and Trive;
- Use the Sites or Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Sites or Services, or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Sites or Services in any manner;
- Develop, utilize, or disseminate any software, or interact with our API in any manner, that could damage, harm, or impair the Sites or Services;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the Sites or Services, or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any Content, area or code of the Sites or Services;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of the Sites or Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Sites and Services, extract data or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of Site pages or functionality;
- Use data collected from our Sites and Services to contact individuals, companies, or other persons or entities;
- Use data collected from our Sites and Services for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation, email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing, and direct marketing);
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in the robots.txt file, accessible at https:// trive.news that controls all automated access to the Sites or Service; or
- Use the Sites or Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You can submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about Trive, the Sites or the Services (collectively, “Feedback”). Feedback is nonconfidential and shall become the sole property of Trive. Trive shall own exclusive rights, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, in and to such Feedback and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of this Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Trive, and our respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns (individually and collectively, the “Trive Parties”), from and against all actual or alleged Trive Party or third party claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses) and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (collectively, “Claims”), including, but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Sites, Content or Services, (b) any Feedback you provide, (c) your violation of these Terms, and (d) your violation of the rights of another. You agree to promptly notify Trive of any third-party Claims and cooperate with the Trive Parties in defending such Claims. You further agree that the Trive Parties shall have control of the defense or settlement of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Trive.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY TRIVE. THE SERVICES AND THE TRIVE CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TRIVE DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES AND TRIVE CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. WHILE TRIVE’S MISSION IS TO PROVIDE THE TRUTH, DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE HUMAN SWARMED CROWD WISDOM, TRIVE CAN NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRIVE CONTENT ON THE SERVICES IS ENTIRELY ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. IF A USER IDENTIFIES ERRONEOUS CONTENT WE ENCOURAGE THEM TO REPORT IT TO US IMMEDIATELY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TRIVE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL TRIVE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES NOR WILL TRIVE COVER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICE THAT GIVES RISE TO ANY CLAIM.
We reserve the right to change any and all Content and to modify, suspend or stop providing access to the Sites or Services (or any features or functionality of the Sites or Services) at any time without notice and without obligation or liability to you.
Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, vendor or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by us. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms in contracts with consumers, so some or all of the disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability; Release
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TRIVE OR ANY OF THE OTHER TRIVE PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE, INCOME OR PROFITS, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, LOSS OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE OF ASSETS OR SECURITIES, OR DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITES OR CONTENT OR THE USE OF ANY SERVICE OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THESE TERMS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY ANY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM TRIVE, OR FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES OR EMAILS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO TRIVE’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SYSTEMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SIMPLE NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (EVEN IF THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE).
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF TRIVE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS, THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITES, SERVICES AND MATERIALS OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM TRIVE EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF $1.00 USD PER WALLET. DAMAGES AND RESTITUTION ARE PAYABLE IN USD AS OPPOSED TO CRYPTOCURRENCY.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions also limit disclaimers or limitations of liability for personal injury from consumer products, so this limitation may not apply to personal injury claims.
- Modifications to the Sites and Services
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Sites (or any features or parts thereof) or the provision of the Services at any time and without liability therefore.
- Dispute Resolution; Arbitration
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH TRIVE AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM TRIVE COMPANY.
- 1 Binding Arbitration
Except for any disputes, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, demands or proceedings (collectively, “Disputes”) arising out of or related to a violation of Section 8 or Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and Trive agree (a) to waive your and Trive’s respective rights to have any and all Disputes arising from or related to these Terms, or the Sites, Content or Services, resolved in a court, and (b) to waive your and Trive’s respective rights to a jury trial. Instead, you and Trive agree to arbitrate Disputes through binding arbitration (which is the referral of a Dispute to one or more persons charged with reviewing the Dispute and making a final and binding determination to resolve it instead of having the Dispute decided by a judge or jury in court).
- 2 No Class Arbitrations, Class Actions or Representative Actions
You and Trive agrees that any Dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or the Sites, Content or Services is personal to you and Trive and that such Dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. You and Trive agrees that there will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempt to resolve a Dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, you and Trive agree that a Dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals.
- 3 Federal Arbitration Act
You and Trive agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 16 shall be both substantively and procedurally governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- 4 Notice; Informal Dispute Resolution
You and Trive agree that each party will notify the other party in writing of any arbitrable or small claims Dispute within thirty (30) days of the date it arises, so that the parties can attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute informally. Notice to Trive shall be sent by certified mail or courier to Registered Agents, Inc., 3030 N. Rocky Point Drive, STE 150A, Tampa, FL 33607. Your notice must include (a) your name, postal address, telephone number, the email address you use or used for your Trive account and, if different, an email address at which you can be contacted, (b) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (c) the specific relief that you are seeking. Our notice to you will be sent electronically in accordance with Section 3 and will include (x) our name, postal address, telephone number and an email address at which we can be contacted with respect to the Dispute, (y) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (z) the specific relief that we are seeking. If you and Trive cannot agree how to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the date notice is received by the applicable party, then either you or Trive may, as appropriate and in accordance with this Section 14, commence an arbitration proceeding or, to the extent specifically provided for in Section 14.1, file a claim in court.
- 5 Process
Except for Disputes arising out of or related to a violation of Section 8 or Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and Trive agree that any Dispute must be commenced or filed by you or Trive within one (1) year of the date the Dispute arose, otherwise the underlying claim is permanently barred (which means that you and Trive will no longer have the right to assert such claim regarding the Dispute). You and Trive agree that (a) any arbitration will occur in the State of Florida, (b) arbitration will be conducted confidentially by a single arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), which are hereby incorporated by reference, and (c) that the state or federal courts of the State of Florida and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of Florida, have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. You may also litigate a Dispute in the small claims court located in the county of your billing address if the Dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court.
- 6 Authority of Arbitrator
As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the applicable JAMS rules, the arbitrator will have (a) the exclusive authority and jurisdiction to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding a Dispute, including the determination of whether a Dispute is arbitrable, and (b) the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- 7 Rules of JAMS
The rules of JAMS and additional information about JAMS are available on the JAMS website. By agreeing to be bound by these Terms, you either (a) acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS, or (b) waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
- 8 Severability
If any term, clause or provision of this Section 14 is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms, clauses and provisions of this Section 14 will remain valid and enforceable. Further, the waivers set forth in Section 14.2 are severable from the other provisions of these Terms and will remain valid and enforceable, except as prohibited by applicable law.
- 9 Opt-Out Right
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within thirty (30) days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 14 by writing to Registered Agents, Inc., 3030 Rocky Point Drive, STE 150A, Tampa, FL 33607. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 15.
- Governing Law and Venue
These Terms, your access to and use of the Sites and your use of the Services shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any Dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court, shall be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of Florida and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of Florida.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use the Sites and to use the Services, at any time and for any or no reason, and you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such event and that you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts that you have already paid to us, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
If any term, clause or provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, then that term, clause or provision will be severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining part of that term, clause or provision, or any other term, clause or provision of these Terms.
The following sections will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and the termination of your Trive account: all defined terms and Sections 1, 3, 5 (first paragraph only), and 5 through 19.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Trive relating to your access to and use of the Sites and your use of the Services. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of Trive prior, concurrent or subsequent circumstance, and Trive’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
Trive™ Token Sale Event
- The Trive™ Token is a “utility coin” which means it is a token, and not a security.
- The Trive™ Token does not provide equity or voting rights.
- Trive™ Inc will conduct a Trive™ Token Launch to sell access rights to the Trive™ DAC ecosystem. The Token Launch will start on October 16th via https://tokens.trive.news. Prior to that date, Trive™ LLC will create and hold 1 billion Trive™ tokens. On October 12th, we will start to sell 200 million tokens based on the included sale schedule). The remaining 800 million tokens will be distributed between Trive™ LLC, Trive™ Foundation, Trive™ employees, co-founders, early investors and contractors with various lockup and vesting rates.
- Trive™ Inc.
- Trive™ Inc. will serve as an incubator and parent of the Distributed Autonomous Corporation for several years, until the ecosystem, the platform, and the economy are mature enough to stand on their own.
- Trive™ Inc. will monetize the Trive™ DAC at $1/month for US consumers. In exchange for the monthly payment, Trive™ LLC will supply users with 10 Trive™ coins/customer/month for a limited time to enable them to contribute to the truth discovery process. The amount of coin given away will change over time and based on market conditions. Submitting stories and participating in the ecosystem is how consumers will earn a high enough reputation to become witnesses and assume other more responsible and profitable roles in the system.
- Trive™ Inc. will seed the marketplace of stories for several years in order to create the demand for Trive™ DAC. After establishing a significant story research capacity, Trive™ LLC will open the marketplace to other research clients. We expect that media clients will want to use our marketplace as a replacement for their in-house research teams, because we expect Trive™ DAC to be both faster, more accurate, and cheaper than current in-house processes. Trive™ Inc. will found and fund the non-profit Trive™ foundation to provide for the long-term maintenance and development of Trive™ DAC. The foundation will maintain the foundation wallet, the address of which will be hardcoded in the code. A 0.25% (0.0025) transaction fee on all coin moves will allow for the long-term viability of the foundation. Trive™ Inc. will run a series of IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) nodes to store Trive™ research data. Trive™ DAC will incentivize the creation of more IPFS nodes among the participants in order to increase decentralization. Trive™ Inc. will develop, own the right to, and monetize the Trive™ Browser plugin which will consume Trive™ DAC services as a service to its clients.
- Trive™ Token
- The Trive™ Coin, (TRV) is a an Ethereum ERC20 standard token. It ensures that you are able to participate in the Trive™ DAC. TRV is the token emitted and consumed by the Trive™ DAC. It will consist of the 1 billion TRV tokens issued at the initial sale. TRV is a closed loop, fixed amount token. All tokens to be used in the game will be issued and sold by Trive Inc. during and prior to the Token Sale Event.
- Trive™ DAC
- The Trive DAC is the beating heart of Trive. It’s going to be a Meteor.js application that can be installed either in the browser as a plugin or as a desktop application running from the tray. Both installation on the same device will be supported. Mobile platforms will be supported via Meteor’s native mobile handling process. The application consists of several tools to make the players tasks easier:
- Trive Wallet
- Trive Profile Manager
- Document Management System
- Reference Source Management System
- Research Cross Referencing tools
- Trive Bidding Engine
- Witness Voting Platform
- For each of these functions we’ve identified best of breed LAMP/MEAN applications and will customize or rebuild as appropriate. Components will launch individually starting in Q1 2018.
- Using the Trive™ DAC, Trive™ ecosystem participants will be able to complete their tasks and earn Trive™ coin in addition to better reputations. The DAC will support all of the activities of all of the participants as well as archive searching, blockchain explorer and other future capabilities.
- Trive™ Systems Architecture overview
- Our systems development philosophy is simple. We are pragmatic, we re-use components, we extend and fork code whenever possible. We support open source projects and will open source, when appropriate, the bulk of our development effort. We believe in continuous integration, unit testing and the KISS approach Trive™ Browser plugin
- Trive™ browser plugin
- The Trive™ browser plugin is a browser plugin that allows consumers to reduce how much attention they spend on news that is false. It is a fork of the Hypothes.is github repo and will be the primary initial revenue source for Trive™ LLC.
- When a participating user visits a website we support (like CNN.com), the browser plugin checks whether each URL is cataloged in the Trive™ system. If it is, the plugin will retrieve the score and color the URL and its surrounding text according to user preferences. Consumers will be able to choose from 3 versions:
- The URL and the text remain uncolored, but a color score appears next to the url. If the score is 0 the score is displayed in green, and if the score is 0 it’s displayed as 0 in black. (For reference purposes, stories are scored between -100 to +100. -100 means the story is a complete lie, +100 a complete truth and 0 for “we don’t know or it’s an opinion”.)
- We change the opacity of the story based on how true/false it is. Stories become harder to see as they are deemed less true by the Trive™ community. This conserves Trive™ users' attention, and allowing users to focus on things that are more likely to be true. At the same time, this creates a needed feedback mechanism for internet media companies of all types & sizes. By making the headline hard to see, users are less likely to click and, therefore, less likely to bring click revenue. If Consumers really want to see the story anyway, it is still clickable and a simple hover over the link restores the opacity to normal.
- False stories simply do not appear in your feed. The Trive™ user can choose a score below which the links disappear. The plugin changes the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) of the news page by making the CSS selector “visible=false”. This removes the URL from the user's view, while keeping it within the page.
- Trive™ Story Marketplace
- Trive™ LLC will operate the Trive™ Story Marketplace. The Trive™ Story Marketplace is a centralized repository of news stories and URL’s waiting for research. Curators use the marketplace as a medium to bid on stories that they want to do research on. Consumers submit stories they are interested in to the marketplace by staking Trive™ tokens to their research requests.
- Trive™ LLC will seed the marketplace with stories to research from its own Trive™ coin funds based on its own editorial discretion. Once the Trive™ ecosystem has grown to the point of self-sustainability and scalable capacity, Trive™ LLC will open the market place to other media companies for their use. Trive™ will charge for that access and will provide onboarding services, token sales and systems process education.
- Consumers will be able to submit news stories and claims for verification by using the easy to install Trive™ browser plugin. By attaching/stacking Trive™ tokens to the story, they make it more likely that a Curator would be interested in vetting that story. Since the stories are URL unique, if multiple consumers stake coins for the same story, the bounty could rise significantly.
- The Curator bids on jobs they think they can fulfill profitably in the required time. Then, they will bid (V), the maximum they think will win them the job, in open competition with others keeping in mind their costs for the labor involved. The Curator can only have 1 job open at a time (in the beginning), and so must bear in mind all opportunity costs.
- If they win the job, they have exclusive rights to the payment for the successful on time completion of the job. If they are unable to complete the job on time, the job expires and is rebid or given to the next lowest bidder as the customer requires.
- Trive™ Storage Module
- The Trive storage module is the abstraction layer between the Trive DAC and file/data storage. By abstracting this functionality into it’s separate layer we can optimize storage efficiency.
- The Storage Module will initially store all of Trive non-BLOB data on the Ethereum blockchain with a pointer to the file storage location using IPFS notation hashed into the data block. Over time we expect the storage module to evolve to include alternative block chains like Expanse and ETC and other storage network such as (storj, sia, etc…). In order to maintain a large enough pool of available IPFS nodes Trive™ DAC will incentivize the running of IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) nodes.
- The Trive™ Storage method functions as a meta-protocol switching layer on top of whatever storage medium is available. (storj, sia, Trive™ ipfs, aws, etc…). It consistently optimizes KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) based on the design of the storage contract (speed, redundancy, sensitivity, etc.,) and uses the appropriate storage platform to reduce costs of storage. It also pays Trive™ coin to compensate Trive™ IPFS storage holders for their efforts. The token supply for this module will come from a dedicated Trive pool of tokens. This pool will be initially seeded by the corporation/foundation and will be refreshed periodically.
- Hashing of the data is one of the most important aspects of the Trive™ Engine. Individual components of an article, including the primary data, the research story, and the scoring, are each individually hashed and included in the commit block of data for each article. Those hashes create a Merkle tree (a hash based data tree structure) of research documents inside the block, ensuring the sanctity of the block data structure.
- The hash of the entire block as well as reference data is then stored on the Trive™ blockchain. The media files, links, pdfs, and other BLOBS are stashed using the mechanism below.
- Since it is inefficient to store binary large objects (BLOBS) in a blockchain, we have decided to separate the physical storage of media documents, PDFs, and other BLOBS and their hash.
- The underlying storage mechanisms for documents must be distributed, accessible, fault tolerant, self-error correcting and must provide incentives for node maintenance. In addition, obfuscation of storage location, data striping and data node scrambling are also important functionality. Storj, SIA and IPFS (with an incentive structure) are all acceptable substitutes for storage.
- Trive™ LLC and Trive™ Foundation will run an incentivized IPFS network alongside, StorJ, SIA, S3 and the public IPFS Global network to maintain document state and reduce operating costs.