Last Updated: October 16, 2017
Our Pledge to You:
We are committed to maintaining your trust and pledge the following:
- Transparency. We will keep you informed of our privacy practices.
- Safety. While we cannot promise perfection, we have implemented security tools that are designed to safeguard your information in accordance with industry standards.
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including personal information, very seriously. We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at https://trive.news/contact/.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, the types of personal information we may collect from you when you visit or use our online services include your name, email address, mailing address, social security number, telephone number(s), account numbers, user name and password.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Online Services. In addition to the personal information described above, we may collect certain information about your use of our online services.
- Log Information:
- We collect log information about your use of the online services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our online services.
- Device Information:
- We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our online services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information:
- We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
- Information We Collect From Other Sources:
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including to:
- Help us deliver our Services;
- Administer, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, improving existing products and services, performing data analytics, monitoring and analyzing trends, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Communicate information to you at the request of our partners;
- Manage our risks;
- Market our Services and products;
- Comply with and enforce applicable laws and regulations, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or de-identified basis for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With Trive partners as part of the delivery of our Services to you;
- With affiliates, consultants, and other service providers when we believe it will enhance the Services and products we can provide to you or for legal and routine business reasons. For example, we may share selected details when checking your identity for idicators of fraud during sign up or when providing alerts. These parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Between and among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- We provide you with relevant and appropriate choices regarding the sharing of personal information. Trive will provide you with details about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you wish to request access, or deletion of your personal information please contact us at https://trive.news/contact/. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe, usually within five business days.
Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our online services.